Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 2 ~ My First Love

** For a Day 1 Intro, you can go to the "About Me" tab.**

Ok, so for Day 2 of the challenge I am talking about my first love (laughable). This will be exceptionally short. My first love was my best friend in college. He was tall, dark, handsome, and conceited is an understatement. We had the type of friendship that one would expect to last forever. We had conversations that lasted through the night, we took long walks, we listened to poetry, and not to mention he wasn’t afraid to show off his lack of dance moves on the dance floor. He was definitely good for me, as a friend.

Our friendship turned into a little something more the end of my freshman year. As we were saying our goodbyes the last night I was on campus, we kissed and that kiss was exceptionally good. Well, needless to say that not being able to see him over the summer was depressing (I was young). We wrote to each other throughout the summer (yes I said “wrote” no texting or sexting) so seeing each other the beginning of the school year was like taking a next step instead of a giant leap.

As they always do, things seemed to be going pretty good, we were kicking for about two years and then ‘the change’ began to take place. Its funny how all events leading up to disaster become so clear when years have passed. I was so naïve. One night, he stayed at my place and I guess his little friend was stalking him; she knocked on my door and told him to come get his clothes. Half sleep, I was like whatever, and then it dawned on me. I don’t know if we woke my suitemates with that argument, but it was an all nighter. And like most stupid little girls who get caught up with good sex and fear of being alone, we were back on good terms the very next day.

Needless to say, these things eventually came to an end. When you let a man off the hook, it’s like giving him a free pass to do it again, and again, and again. Well, depending on how much space you have in your head will determine exactly how much bull you’re going to put up with. I chose not to put up with much, so his playtime turned into a police show at his apartment, and I wasn’t the one that called them. The rest is just history. Hmm those where the days and I am much calmer now that I have matured (laughing). This turned out longer than I expected.

**Just one note, don’t hold on to the trash that could be blocking the true gift that God has in store for you** My lesson learned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment