Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ready for School Drama~Part 1

Alright so I've been working diligently trying to get my son ready for school.  What I need to be doing is getting myself ready for him to go to school.  I am so out of tune with this whole process.  I seriously think I might lose it, but we will keep that between us, I try not to freak out my husband with small things (laughing). But for now it is all about getting my son ready for school and this is my mission above all other things.

Early this year both my boys had their wellness check up and the Dr. asked if I had wanted him to get his shots for school.  Well, I wasn't really prepared for the question, not to mention I had not prepared my son for shots, normally I would give them Children's Motrin or Tylenol (except not Tylenol much any more since the recall).  So we did not get his shots, we figured we will wait to see if he had actually got into the pre-kindergarten program to begin with.  He did, and now I have to take him tomorrow to get shots and school is just around the corner.

This is really just the beginning of the situation.  When I was applying for the pre-kindergarten program I asked 101 questions so that I would know what to expect.  Do you think they mentioned that I had to still go to the school and register him for the school?  NO!  How about that I needed a certified birth certificate?  NOPE, not at all!  So last week I just thought, "Let me call the school so that I could make sure that I have everything that I need."  I called and asked the woman was there anything else that I needed to know or do before he started school.  She nicely ran down this list of things; health check, immunizations, certified birth certificate....  STOP!  Certified what?  "Yes ma'am," she says.  I nicely tell her that I asked months ago if I needed to send for my sons birth certificate and the women that I spoke told me "Oh the mother's copy should be sufficient."  I know you are probably thinking, "Well, why don't you have a certified copy of his birth certificate?"  Well, it has been on my list of things to do over the past five years, I just have not gotten to it.  I believe it is one of those "out of sight, out of mind" things.  Any case, had I known I needed it, I would have sent for it months ago.  But I did not know, so I did not send for it, because i had not needed it.

So now that school starts in a couple of weeks I have to drive to Greensboro to the Register of Deeds to pay $10 for a birth certificate, when I could have mailed them a check and had the thing mailed to my address.  I hate feeling rushed with somethings.  I do not like the feeling that somethings may not fall into place.  On top of that, and I know it is just pre-kindergarten, I have no supply list.  Does not matter, I will just get what I think he will need; blanket, change of clothes (yes he's been potty trained for three years, but you never know what could happen; spilled drink, fall in mud, etc.), markers, crayons, etc.

Well this is my DRAMA for today, I'll keep you posted on the rest!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment