Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ready for School Drama~Part 2

Well to day was a long day!!  Apart from being a zombie because I had to get up at 6am this morning, we had to drive 1 1/2 hours to Greensboro, NC to get my sons birth certificate.  Mentally long ride!!!!!  My husband drove and he was tired, because he had just gotten off of work.  I offered to drive, twice.  I think he's afraid of my driving.  We got there and they had changed pretty much everything around.  The court rooms were on the plaza level and I just don't remember the register of deeds being in the location that it was in.  Any who, it took about five minutes to get his certificate after waiting 10 minutes in metal detector line, not to mention having to put things back on!!!  

We got the certificate and I am just relieved.  So in the morning I have to go to his school and to finish registering him for pre-kindergarten.  I am too excited.  As for my son, if you could see him when he talks about school, it just make me want to cry.  He is so ready to meet his teacher and make new friends.  He's ready to learn and read (well he's already doing some of that), but he is so stoked.  I ask him everyday what is his teacher's name.  He smiles.  Then he looks at me and scream, Mrs. Ninich, mommy!!  I'm just soaking it all in!!!   

Well tomorrow is registrations and I will let you know how it goes!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment